Top Ad

, , ,

TO LOVE A MR: THE DIARY OF A MISTRESS (EPISODE FIVE)

 

Written By Chika Labella

It was a very sunny day. We were walking to the Afe Babalola hall because that was the venue for the freshers seminar. I squeezed my face and trotted on with my friends, I didn’t want to go but everyone was going and I didn’t want to stay back in the hostel alone. The show had kicked off an hour before we got there and was still going to last another three hours. How the heck was I going to last three hours of old people blabbing about how fortunate we were to be in the University of First Choice?? I plugged in my ears and opened John Grisham’s “A Time to Kill” and I was good to go, they could blab all they wanted.

I glanced at my wristwatch, it had been almost four hours and they weren’t done. Two of my friends were sleeping, two others were taking notes seriously while Ada was just smiling and chatting away on her phone. I looked up and looked back at my book then looked up again, he was too fine to not notice. He wore black pants, a black shirt and a white blazer, I couldn’t see his shoes but I was sure they were fine too. He was tall and dark and looked to be in his early 30’s. He wasn’t the kind of fine that looked too pretty, mouths wouldn’t gape if he walked by but heads would definitely turn. He was that rough kind of fine, the kind of man you would like to see trying to fix something in the house with sweat dripping all over him; He was my kind of fine. His mouth was moving but I couldn’t hear words I could only think of how much I wanted to kiss him. I saw him staring, he was staring at me, or maybe not. I looked away, back to my book. Ada nudged my arm and I looked up,

“So are you going to keep drooling or should we plan on how to get his number for you?”
“Huh? Who? What?” I started to stammer
“Madam stop forming. I’ve been watching you watch that man”
“I was just listening to his speech”
“Oh okay. So what exactly is he talking about?” I scratched my head and she started laughing
“Okay I think he is cute”
“Now you are talking, don’t worry we’ll find a way” She said with a smug on her face. I couldn’t wait for the conference to end, I needed to run back to my bed and forget about this man or maybe I should run to my boyfriend’s place and do all things I felt like doing to this man to him. Yes! That seemed like a better plan.
It was over in the next twenty minutes and I rushed out, my hungry friends were waiting for refreshments but I wasn’t. I was hungry too but I was more horny than hungry. My boyfriend wasn’t picking his calls but I was walking to his bq anyways. The sun had gone down a bit so I took off my shades and strolled on. A red Toyota Sequoia rolled up to my side and the occupant was trying to holla at me but I didn’t even spare him a glance. I was thinking of my boyfriend Sidney and how deep our make out session was going to be today maybe I’d finally let him pop the cherry, just maybe. The car drove past and parked a few meters ahead. The driver got down and I looked at him and immediately my heart stopped for a split second. It was him. He was walking towards me and I just stood there, I was confused on whether to keep on walking or turn back or cross to the other side of the road or pretend moremi was my hall and dash inside. I was confused as much as excited. He was standing in my front and I looked up, he smiled and said something but I didn’t hear, I was staring, it was rude but I couldn’t stop. He waved a hand in my face and I finally stopped and spoke,
“Yes, Can I help you?”
“Hello, I was trying to give you a lift but you ignored me.”
“I’m sorry, I really do not accept lifts from strangers.” He smiled
“But I am not a stranger, I just gave a speech in the seminar you just attended”
“Listening to you deliver a speech doesn’t make you any less a stranger”
“Well true that, but please let me take you to wherever you are going, I just want to talk to you.” I wanted to get in the car with him but everyone knew that it was only boys that stayed in high-rise, if I told him I was going there, he would know I was going to see a boy and that could ruin things for us so I refused and offered him my number instead. He smiled and brought out his phone and I punched in my digits.
“I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself, My name is Deji Badmus. What is your name?”
“I’m Helen Ike”
“I’ll call you later Helen. Have a good day” with that he walked away, got into his car and drove off. I increased my pace and started running to Sidney’s place, I was definitely going to let him do it today.

                                                     ****************************

I lay on Sidney’s bed, trying to recuperate from the third attempt. No one told me that deflowering a girl was a process, He had tried three times now and the pain wouldn’t let me let him continue. He wasn’t tired of trying though, he kept on telling me that we were almost there. Almost where? I wasn’t sure I wanted to try again. I had even spent the night and he kept on trying to make me drink saying it will help kill the pain but I wasn’t having any of that. I wanted to be in full control of my senses when I finally did it. My phone rang and I picked it, I recognized the voice and smiled.
“Hello Helen”
“Hello, who is this please?”
“Deji Badmus is my name, I collected your number yesterday when I was in your school.”
“Oh okay” I said pretending not to be excited
“I hope I’m not calling at a bad time? You sound sleepy”
“Nah it’s good. I’m just resting”
“Okay so I’ll really love to be friends with you. I was hoping I could see you maybe this weekend so we could talk better”
“Okay, is Saturday good for you? My Friday is going to be busy” Truth is I had no plans for Friday but I didn’t want to look too available.
“Saturday is perfect. I’ll pick you up at 1pm”
“Okay”
“Take care of your beautiful self Helen. Have a good day” He hung up before I could say anything else. I smiled and threw the phone beside me. I couldn’t wait for Saturday.

                                                      ****************************

I had tried everything in my wardrobe which wasn’t a lot by the way and couldn’t find what to wear. What do girls wear on dates? I was still searching for what to wear when he called me and said he was at the school gate. I wore a pair of blue jean trousers and a black sleeveless chiffon shirt and red aldo flat shoes and grabbed my red handbag and rushed out, I remembered I didn’t use my perfume but luckily I had my pink woman smart collection body spray in my bag so I used that and I was good to go. I got into the car and he smiled,
“Hi” I said
“Hello pretty. You really don’t use makeup?”
“Huh?”
“The day I met you, you didn’t have makeup on but I assumed it was because u were sweating but now you don’t have makeup on too.”
“Yea I don’t”
“Why?”
“Well, I don’t have time” I replied and shrugged, he laughed and drove off.
We had just stepped out of the cinema and were debating on where to go next. It was 5pm and we both didn’t want the date to end so we headed to Shaunz Lounge for Karaoke. He had a horrible voice but he sang for me anyways and I thought it was cute, he begged me to sing too but I refused. We ate, drank and laughed at people who sounded worse than he did. He dropped me off at school at about 9pm and hugged me goodnight. I went up to my room, ignored questions from my roommates about how the date went and slept like a baby.

                                                        ************************

The sun was pretty hot but I didn’t mind. I was in blue shorts and the Arsenal jersey he got me. I didn’t like soccer but here I was cheering and clapping. He had just scored a goal and his team mates lifted him and were chanting something I didn’t understand. He had invited me to watch him play soccer, he and his friends played two times in a month and he wanted me to see him play, I was glad I came. We had been seeing each other for about two months now and I had a new phone, tons of new clothes and shoes and he hadn’t done more than kiss me. He was a real gentleman. Sidney had been suspecting there was someone else but I didn’t care, after all I wasn’t cheating, we were just friends. The match had ended, he rushed to my side, scooped me up and kissed me, it was things like this that fucked with my brain. I blushed and we walked to the car. We drove back to school and he kept on talking about how I needed to go do a driving school so I could drive him when he is tired after his games. We got to school and he kissed me, I didn’t want to stop, I pulled away and said,
“Baby I don’t want you to go” he laughed
“I know, I don’t want to go too but don’t worry, I’ll see you after church tomorrow”
“No! I want to spend the night with you”
“Are you sure you are ready to do that?”
“Yes I am.” His countenance changed suddenly
“I need to tell you something Helen”
“Yes dear, what is it?”
“I’m married” I pulled away from his arms immediately and squeezed my face
“Stop it Deji. I don’t like such jokes. You should have just said you don’t want us to have sex yet.”
“I am not joking. I’m serious. I’ve been meaning to tell you but I was waiting for the right time”
“Right time??” I screamed “What stupid right time? So the right time hasn’t come up in two months? 

Why have you been seeing me? What exactly is your purpose? I can’t believe this”
“Calm down baby. Let me explain” he held my arm and I yanked his hand off immediately.
“Explain what? Don’t you dare dial my number again.” I got out of the car and ran as fast as my legs could carry me to my bed. I cried shamelessly and my friends spent the whole day trying to cheer me up. My heart had been broken. It was my first heartbreak. My heart ached physically and I felt empty emotionally. None of it made sense to me. I felt lost in a world too big for me. He had been calling nonstop so I took my sim card out of the blackberry curve two that he got me and smashed the phone. I swore never to speak to him again.

                                                             ***********************

Five years later, I am lying in this big bed, his head in between my legs, my hands grabbing things that aren’t there and my moans filling the air. We had been here since Saturday, it was Monday morning and he wasn’t planning to go to work. I grabbed his head while he worked his magic down low, I was almost there, I could feel it, I grabbed the sheets and closed my eyes and the stupid phone rang, I wasn’t going to answer it but he stopped and asked me to answer it, I shook my head and asked him to continue.

“It’s Ada. Pick it up, it might be important.”
“Nothing is more important than what you were doing” He laughed, picked the call and put it speaker and I heard her ever husky voice
“Madam, where are you?”
“I’m at the intercontinental hotel, you are interrupting my breakfast”
“What useless breakfast? We have Land Law test in one hour” I jumped off the bed
“What? Damn! Why na?’

“Stop asking me questions and get your ass to school asap” she hung up and I grabbed my clothes and started to rush into them. I had almost forgotten that I was a student. Too much balling wasn’t good. I had no idea what I was going to write in a test I didn’t prepare for but I had to go. I finished dressing and turned and saw that he was dressed too.
“No baby, you don’t have to take me. I’ll get a cab”
“No you won’t. I’ll take you to school and when you are done with your test. We’ll come back”
“You’ll wait for me to finish the test?”
“Yes I will” I just stood there smiling; I was so in love with this man.
“Well, are you going to just keep smiling or are we going to start going so you don’t miss your test?” I laughed and kissed him and we both rushed out.

….To be continued” Next Wednesday

4 comments:

  1. lovely story
    xxx
    http://itsjustwinnie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed reading, :-(. Looking forward to the next installment. Happy New Year darling!
    http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. romance story but I got confused at the last part, who was the man with her in a hotel after five years, Deji or Sydney?


    www.beinspiredwithmily.com



    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers. Let us know what you think!

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Bella Curves.

Connect with Us on

Facebook: www.facebook.com/BellaCurvesng
Twitter: @Bellacurvesng
Instagram: @Bellacurvesng

For Suggestions, Contributions and Inquiries
Email: bellacurvesblog@gmail.com

Stop HERE and take the SURVEY

Top Ad 728x90