Top Ad

, , ,

How to Avoid Feeling Self Conscious when Shopping Clothes if You Are Very Large


Are you embarrassed about shopping for clothes because of your size? Here are some ideas to help you feel better about clothes shopping and find clothes that fit.

Steps

1. Buy clothes online. 


You can select from a wide range of items and try them out in the comfort of your home. Be sure to get a guarantee that you can return clothes that you don't like. Go on reliable sites like jumia ; online shopping can be tricky, as there are many websites that trick you into paying, while not delivering the product you've ordered at all.


2. Find a store that specializes in large sizes. 

The sales assistants will be gifted in finding clothes that fit well and make you feel comfortable.



3. Don't spend too much time looking in the mirrors when going shopping.

Focus on browsing the racks of clothes; that's why you're there in the first place.

4. Always try something on before buying it. 

Especially if you're a plus size, there's no guarantee the item will look good on you. Don't stick yourself into smaller sized clothes; always buy your size. 


If you try an S when you're an XL, not only the item won't look good on you, but you won't be even able to breathe; not to mention very tight clothing is one of the factors that contributes to the forming of cellulite. Try on the same item in different sizes; start with the larger item, so you won't get disappointed if you don't fit into the smaller size.

STAY BEAUTIFUL, STAY FAB....

5 comments:

  1. Great tips. I find it a lot easier to shop online. That way I don't have to look to try and squeeze myself into clothes in tiny fitting rooms.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been shopping online for almost 4 years and its so much more convenient, saves me the stress of trying on so many ill-fitting items at a typical brick-and-mortar store. Getting older also helps with being self conscious, at least for me, I've learnt in my 30 years of existence that I only get the to live life once, why waste it feeling sorry about my weight and letting people's discomfort about my size get to me? I wore a bikini for the first time in my life 8 months ago and posted it on Instagram, despite looking gorgeous in it and with over 30 positive comments about it, I love that photo so much because its marks a significant chapter to my own self-acceptance.

    Lesson: Self-acceptance and being adventurous are the most crucial factors to truly enjoy plus-size shopping, buy whatever you want, move out of your comfort zone by trying on styles you'd never dare and love yourself wearing it too.You can complain about negative comments on your OOTD if you yourself don't feel good about your body. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been shopping online for almost 4 years and its so much more convenient, saves me the stress of trying on so many ill-fitting items at a typical brick-and-mortar store. Getting older also helps with being self conscious, at least for me, I've learnt in my 30 years of existence that I only get the to live life once, why waste it feeling sorry about my weight and letting people's discomfort about my size get to me? I wore a bikini for the first time in my life 8 months ago and posted it on Instagram, despite looking gorgeous in it and with over 30 positive comments about it, I love that photo so much because its marks a significant chapter to my own self-acceptance.

    Lesson: Self-acceptance and being adventurous are the most crucial factors to truly enjoy plus-size shopping, buy whatever you want, move out of your comfort zone by trying on styles you'd never dare and love yourself wearing it too.You can complain about negative comments on your OOTD if you yourself don't feel good about your body. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right... Nice one dear and thanks for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right... Nice one dear and thanks for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers. Let us know what you think!

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Bella Curves.

Connect with Us on

Facebook: www.facebook.com/BellaCurvesng
Twitter: @Bellacurvesng
Instagram: @Bellacurvesng

For Suggestions, Contributions and Inquiries
Email: bellacurvesblog@gmail.com

Stop HERE and take the SURVEY

Top Ad 728x90