Top Ad

, , , ,

{PLUS-SIZE BLOGGER SPOTLIGHT}: Damie of Damie's Dairy

 
Meet
Meet

Today's feature is a fashion and lifestyle blogger you would love to know. Damilola is one of the bloggers i have had my eyes on lately considering how passionate she is about what she does. She blogs about anything life and lifestyle and she preach body acceptance just the way I love to hear them. 
Read through and get to know her more :)


 Meet Damie of Damie's Diary

Name: Oluwadamilola Alabi AKA Damie
Blog: www.damiesdiary.com
Size: UK Size 16
Age: 20 years
Location: Jos, Nigeria
What or who inspired you to be a blogger?
I run a lifestyle blog which I love to call my online diary - damiesdiary.com  Like I said earlier, My blog is my online diary. I love to write, cook, create and dress up. I wanted somewhere I could document all of these amazing things,so the idea of a blog came up.
 
Do you blog full-time, for fun, as a hobby? Share your evolution!
 I'm not blogging full time,for now its more of a hobby. When I started my blog, I used my lecturer's laptop.  He would ask me to help him with something and once I'm done, I'll check my blog and get a little work done. Fast forward to the present, my blog has grown, I've grown in terms of blogging and I'm still growing. I am not where I want to be yet but I am grateful for where I am.
Who knows in a few years from now, blogging can be full time for me.


What challenges do you face, if any, in not being a size 0-8? 
A lot of challenges but now , I have reached a stage in my life where I'm not bothered, I live my life by my rules and choose to be happy. Being plus-size/thick/fat doesn't fit into the average standard of beauty. I have been insulted, mocked, bullied and even depressed due to what people said and how they have treated me in the past.
Asides that, shopping here in Nigeria can be a little headache.

Describe your personal style?Comfortable and Chic.
If I don't feel comfortable in an outfit I take it off. Also I love blazer( I have a ton of them) and I love ankara pieces.
 

What's your favorite thing about fashion, styling and dressing up?Creativity and evolution. Fashion keeps evolving, trends keep coming and people are getting more creative with styling.

What’s your favorite thing about being plus-size?

 Being plus-size comes with curves( its just nature) Dressing up to accentuate those curves is divine.  
 

Who/what are your favorite designer/ brand?
 I do not have a favorite brand/designer, if it fits and its beautiful and buy it and rock it.

What's your message to plus-size women out there?
Self love and body confidence is very important, it might take a while to grow in these aspects but you will if you want to. Also your size doesn't define who you are, go on take-  that fashion risk, look fabulous and live life while you can.

Photos: Damie

6 comments:

  1. What a great selection of questions and responses. I follow Damie as well and love that she keeps it real. Look 3 is my favourite look of hers here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She doesn't look 20. She looks good,
    heading to her blog straight

    Bolateethole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So coool outfits :)

    www.izabielaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea she looks older than 20 but still looks good tho.. Its good for one to embrace his or her body

    www.glowyshoeblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I follow her on IG, and love her down-to-earth nature.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers. Let us know what you think!

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Bella Curves.

Connect with Us on

Facebook: www.facebook.com/BellaCurvesng
Twitter: @Bellacurvesng
Instagram: @Bellacurvesng

For Suggestions, Contributions and Inquiries
Email: bellacurvesblog@gmail.com

Stop HERE and take the SURVEY

Top Ad 728x90